Saturday 9 May 2015

Film Magazine FINAL Draft

Film Magazine FINAL Draft

 
 
Above is the FINAL draft of my film magazine "Lense". The adjusments from the last draft consist of the elimination of the transparent effect of the picture. This gives Kearse more colour. The grey gradient has been defined to match the image and to benefit the sell-lines that were otherwise a little hard to read over the black/grey nature of the gradient.
 
Overall, I am happy with the final draft as I believe it shares many common codes and conventions with real film magazines such as "Empire". I infact to my influence from one particular issue of the UK's well-known film magazine (as seen below).  I feel the look and the connotations of the Masthead give off strong imagery linked to the movies/cinema which help to immediately establish this magazine as a movie/film magazine. The Splash uses the same font as on my trailer and poster helping to establish it's connection to the film's brand and to help widen it.
 
I feel the header and bottom bars help to bring a sense of A listers to the magazine increasing it's reputation as a leading film magazine. The various sell lines help to promote the inner workings of the magazine, again with some pretty big names to help the magazine seem bigger. The Splash "SPILLS HIS DEPRIVED SECRETS" I believe brings a sense of intimacy from Kearse to every individual reader which I believe will help attract more readers in thinking Kearse is talking directly to them.
 
I feel the magazine heralds all the normal codes and conventions in refering to a Pug, Splash, Barcode, Image, Header/Footer bar etc. And to have each one of these features makes me believe that I have made a normal, conventional cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment